A Fighting Force: African-American Military Heroes DVD
SKU ID #70331
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Studio: A&E Home Video
This very special collection celebrates the glorious and too-often overlooked contribution to our national defense by generations of black soldiers, aviators and sailors.
- Breathtaking reenactments bring the experience of combat starkly to life.
- Meet Tuskegee Airmen, veterans from D-Day and heroes of every war of the past half century.
- Colin Powell and other revered figures guide us through this controversial chapter in military history.
From America's birth by fire in the Revolution to the sands of Iraq, black warriors have fought and died for our nation. Long before they were recognized as citizens, much less equals, African-Americans sacrificed their lives for a society from which they were largely excluded.
This eye-opening and vitally important THE HISTORY CHANEL® DVD collection brings together five masterful documentaries examining the shameful treatment and complicated, heroic history of AFRICAN-AMERICAN MILITARY HEROES. This history reflects as positively on the countless valiant fighters as it does negatively on the despicable institutional and societal discrimination they suffered.
Through period accounts and rare archival materials, first-person recollections and analysis from today's most authoritative scholars, this one-of-a-kind collection celebrates the role of African-American fighters: their heroism in battle, their struggles just to make it to the front lines, their esteemed and long-overdue place in American history. These special programs enliven the combat experience of the most famous black units in military history like the Tuskegee Airmen and the 761st Tank Battalion.
A FIGHTING FORCE: AFRICAN AMERICAN MILITARY HEROES sets the record straight.
This DVD set includes:
- Black Aviators: Flying Free: Explore the fascinating stories of these overlooked pioneers, from WWI pilots to the legendary Tuskegee Airmen.
- A Distant Shore: African Americans of D-Day (Time Machine): THE HISTORY CHANNEL® proudly presents this fitting, long-deserved tribute to the 2,000 black soldiers who risked everything in the most important campaign of WWII.
- Honor Deferred: More than half a century after the fact, the U.S. Military finally awarded seven African-American soldiers the Medal of Honor for their actions in WWII.
- America's Black Warriors: Two Wars to Win: They battled not just the enemy, but against entrenched racism in the U.S. Armed Forces Colin Powell and others tell the true story of AMERICA'S BLACK WARRIORS.
- First to Fight: The Black Tankers of WWII: Veterans of the first black tank unit to see combat recall the struggles they faced during WWII.