American Eats: Canned Food DVD
SKU ID #69808
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 31, 2006
Napoleon and the Gold Rush both played pivotal roles in the development of this ubiquitous staple.
- AMERICAN EATS goes from the farm to the kitchen and beyond.
- An irreverent, illuminating, gastronomic tour of the nation.
- See how modern cans can heat, cool and even stir their contents.
The old saying goes "you are what you eat." So what does that say about America? More than you might imagine, as AMERICAN EATS reveals. This irreverent, insightful and unique look at the nation reveals the secret tales behind our favorite indulgences, heads into the test kitchens where science combines with cooking, and visits temples of taste across the country.
Virtually every kitchen in America has at least a couple of cans in the cupboard. But few cooks realize that when they open one up, they are popping the lid on an invention that traces its roots to Napoleonic France!
From the confectioner who first came up with the idea to the importance of the Gold Rush in popularizing canned food in America to the struggle to modernize its image today, AMERICAN EATS surveys the sometimes surprising history of this supermarket staple.