American Eats: Chocolate DVD
SKU ID #69798
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 10, 2006
Visit the Hershey plant and meet scientists who are struggling to discover exactly why chocolate makes us feel so good.
- AMERICAN EATS goes from the farm to the kitchen and beyond.
- An irreverent, illuminating, gastronomic tour of the nation.
- Explore the rich world of the delectable dessert that is an American--and global--obsession.
The old saying goes "you are what you eat." So what does that say about America? More than you might imagine, as AMERICAN EATS reveals.
This irreverent, insightful and unique look at the nation reveals the secret tales behind our favorite indulgences, heads into the test kitchens where science combines with cooking, and visits temples of taste across the country.
It has 380 known chemicals and prompts the human brain to react like it does to marijuana, amphetamines, and love! Enjoyed as a drink by the Mayans and Aztecs, chocolate was introduced to sugar by the Europeans.
The story in America starts with Milton Hershey, whose gospel was spread by American GIs in WWII, when the chocolate bar became internationally recognized as a symbol of the country.
From M&Ms to boutique brands, from food science labs to the newly-touted health benefits of dark chocolate, this is a fascinating look at a treat we simply cannot get enough of.