American Eats: Hot Dogs DVD
SKU ID #69706
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 6, 2006
Head out to the ballpark and the backyard for the ultimate look at America's favorite sausage.
- AMERICAN EATS goes from the farm to the kitchen and beyond.
- Hear from top chefs, fanatic foodies and gustatory historians.
- Get a front-row seat at Coney Island's famous July 4th hot dog eating contest.
They are as American as apple pie and baseball. In fact, some 26 million hot dogs are consumed every baseball season. A century or so before the cupholder and drive-thrus, they offered a perfect, portable dining solution.
AMERICAN EATS serves up the strange and savory tale of the snappy sausage that is a true national treasure. Though its origins date back thousands of years before the Constitution, We the People claim the hot dog as a native son, eating about 70 hot dogs per person, per year! That's 600 a second--supplied by state-of-the-art factories that can churn out as many as a half a million hot dogs a day.
Join us for an appetizing hour as we digest the history of the hot dog--from Nathan's in Coney Island to the 1893 Chicago World's Fair to the Wienermobile and competitive hot dog eating.