American Justice: A Warrant To Kill DVD
SKU ID #67469
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: 2002
A former policeman contests his murder conviction from prison.
- AMERICAN JUSTICE sets the standard for true crime documentaries.
- Follow every step in the investigation, trial and aftermath.
- Hosted by veteran newsman Bill Kurtis.
On August 25, 1992, Deputy Joseph Kent McGowen and two other officer's arrived at Susan White's home to serve her a warrant. Deputy McGowen had jailed White's son overnight for his role in an illegal gun purchase, though another man had been allowed to go free. McGowen claimed that White was making threatening calls to the man's family, and he had a warrant to stop her.
What happened next would see McGowen twice convicted of murder, and AMERICAN JUSTICE® unravels the torturous path the case has taken. Attorneys for both sides examine the evidence in detail, and legal experts reveal why the initial conviction was overturned. In a jailhouse interview, McGowen shares his story and makes his case for innocence. White's family, of course, insist that McGowen is a murderer.
A WARRANT TO KILL lets you decide for yourself whether justice was done.