- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: January 28, 2008
Plunge beneath the waves to discover surprising technologies of the distant past that remain impressive even today.
- An eye-opening series filmed on location in Italy, Greece, Egypt, Holland, and England.
- Discover the surprising ways modern technology and ancient history intersect.
- ANCIENT DISCOVERIES dives deep to unlock amazing submarine achievements of the past.
ANCIENT DISCOVERIES changes the way we think about the distant past. While we entertain visions of a simpler, unsophisticated time, the truth is much more complicated and fascinating than we imagine. This fresh, eye-opening series – filmed on location where historical events actually happened and using brilliant, lifelike computer animation – applies the latest scholarship to reconsider common beliefs about ancient times. Reconstructions of ancient machines and hands-on demonstrations bring ancient times to life.
While the ground is practically littered with evidence of our ancestors’ achievements, cutting edge archaeology is revealing that this century's most exciting discoveries actually lie at the bottom of the ocean. What fantastic structures did our forebears create only to have them submerge from sight?
Hold your breath and join ANCIENT DISCOVERIES on an underwater exploration of the phenomenal MEGA-STRUCTURES OF THE DEEP!