- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 6, 2005
Follow the tracks of an American icon from remade Model-Ts to the latest generation of artistic creations.
- Hosted by wrestling and Hollywood star Bill Goldberg ("The Longest Yard").
- Learn the secrets of chopping, channeling and other tricks of the rodder's trade.
- THE HISTORY CHANNEL puts you in the driver's seat of the world's coolest cars.
Buckle your seat belts for a wild ride. AUTOMANIAC puts you in the driver's seat of the coolest, hottest, fastest and most unusual vehicles ever to hit the road. From the favorite getaway vehicles of gangsters to experimental show cars, each episode focuses on another facet of the automotive world. Hosted by the wrestler, Hollywood star and devoted car collector Bill Goldberg, AUTOMANIAC goes under the hood and out on the road with the world's most compelling cars.
Stripped down and hopped up, hot rods began as a Southern California craze nearly a century ago, and are now found racing on streets, dragstrips and dry lakes everywhere. We'll explore the colorful history of these speed demons--from the "souped up" Model Ts of the 1920s and the Belly Tank Lakesters of the '40s and '50s to today's Rat Rods and fiberglass reproductions. We even take a ride in "Milner's Coupe", the hot rod made famous in the 1973 film American Graffiti.