- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 17, 2005
Take a spin in the favored rides of WWII's legendary and infamous leaders.
- THE HISTORY CHANNEL puts you in the driver's seat of the world's coolest cars.
- Get an up-close look at the ostentatious Mercedes limousine favored by Hitler.
- Hosted by wrestling and Hollywood star Bill Goldberg ("The Longest Yard").
Buckle your seat belts for a wild ride. AUTOMANIAC puts you in the driver's seat of the coolest, hottest, fastest and most unusual vehicles ever to hit the road. From the favorite getaway vehicles of gangsters to experimental show cars, each episode focuses on another facet of the automotive world. Hosted by the wrestler, Hollywood star and devoted car collector Bill Goldberg, AUTOMANIAC goes under the hood and out on the road with the world's most compelling cars.
The Jeep and the VW Beetle are probably the most famous vehicles to emerge from WWII. But while the battle raged, the world's attention was captivated by cars of a different stripe. From Franklin Roosevelt's 1938 Ford Convertible, which was modified to be driven using hand controls because of the president's polio, to the massive Mercedes 540K and 770K which swept Hitler across Berlin, AUTOMANIAC looks at the unique vehicles that carried WWII's VIPs.