- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 23, 2005
Face RPG barrages with the troops who broke the ranks of Saddam's most devoted defenders.
- Take aim from both sides of the firing line at some of history's most famous battles.
- Awesome CGI sequences and interviews with leading experts bring the fight to life.
- See how one weapon helped otherwise overmatched defenders defy U.S. troops.
Take aim from both sides of the fight. SHOOTOUT! examines the personalities, the weapons, the firepower, and the leadership needed to defeat the enemy. With 3D CGI animation sequences and testimony from scholars and experts, the battles come alive as they looked to the soldiers and shooters themselves.
For 21 days in the spring of 2003, two U.S. Army and Marine divisions raced north across the Iraqi desert from Kuwait. The planners of Operation Iraqi Freedom believe that taking Baghdad in a hurry will be like "cutting off the head of the snake" and will bring a speedy end to the war. But a tenacious force of guerrilla fighters, the Saddam Fedayeen--Saddam's Men of Sacrifice--armed with scores of rocket propelled grenades, proved to be an effective and deadly roadblock. Filled with combat footage and riveting accounts from the troops who were there, SHOOTOUT puts you in the advance wave of the BATTLE FOR BAGHDAD.