- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: December 2, 2005
You’d be wise to partake of this thorough examination of the scriptural king infamous for nearly sawing a child in half.
- Solomon is said to have built the First Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem.
- He is a major figure in the Judeo-Christian tradition and considered a prophet by Islam.
- Both the Talmud and Koran describe Solomon as having power over demons.
One of the Bible’s best-known characters is also one of its most complex and fascinating. “Solomon” is synonymous with “wisdom,” but the man’s relationship with God and his people was epically troubled.
BIOGRAPHY® explores the life of this highly successful and productive king. Despite the demands of his 1000 consorts, he still managed to leave a vast architectural legacy including the First Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem. He is credited with The Song of Songs, Ecclesiastes, and The Book of Proverbs. And, throughout Solomon's forty-year reign (967-927BC), Israel enjoyed an era of security, prosperity and international political and economic importance.
Blessed by God but far from favored by Him – after all, He smote his empire in two upon his death – Solomon proves to be one of the most enigmatic and compelling figures in Scripture.