offMine Eyes Have Seen : Bearing Witness to the Struggle for Civil Rights... LIFE photographer Bob Adelman was present at the most significant moments of our nation's struggle with race relations and recorded them all on film. Bob Adelman's own commentary is supplemented by Charles Johnson's writing. A moving installment from the LIFE Great Photographers series. Nearly
$29.95$26.98Add to Cart
offNative Son (Paperback) BookTraces the fall of a young black man in 1930s Chicago as his life loses all hope of redemption after he kills a white woman.
$14.99$11.99Add to Cart
- Obama The Historic Campaign in Photographs (Hardcover) Book Through 150 striking color photographs, Obama: The Historic Campaign in Photographs charts the road to Barack Obama's nomination as the first African American to lead the presidential ticket of a major party. Visually revealing and dramatic, it's a story of history told in photos. Order…$18.99Add to Cart
offPursuit of Happyness (Paperback) BookIn a candid memoir, a successful entrepreneur traces his journey from growing up with an abusive stepfather, to life on the streets as a homeless man with a small toddler in tow, to his triumphant battle to the top as a self-made millionaire.
$14.99$11.99Add to Cart
- Railroads in the African American Experience A Photographic Journey...This captivating book takes readers on an illustrated tour of the black railroad experience from slavery to Amtrak. With almost 200 images -- many never before published -- Theodore Kornweibel, Jr., examines the significant contributions of African Americans to the building, maintenance,…$40.00Add to Cart
- The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream (Hardcover) Barack Obama is the first African-American President-elect of the United States. He outlines his political philosophy, grounded in a belief that America's future can be better. His experiences on the campaign trail and early days in the Senate have shaped an ideological road map for the…$25.00Add to Cart
- The People Speak CD Song Title and Artist 1. Do Re Mi - Bob Dylan 2. The Ghost of Tom Joad - Bruce Springsteen 3. Masters of War - Eddie Vedder 4. Dear Mr. President - P!nk 5. Sail Away - Randy Newman 6. American Terrorist - Lupe Fiasco 7. Drums Of War - Jackson B$10.99Add to Cart
- Voices Of A Peoples History (Paperback) BookHere in their own words, are Frederick Douglass, George Jackson, Chief Joseph, Martin Luther King Jr., Plough Jogger, Sacco and Vanzetti, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen, Mark Twain, and Malcolm X, to name just a few of the hundreds of voices that appear in Voices of a People's History of…$22.95Add to Cart
- When We Were Kings DVDAcademy Award winner "When We Were Kings" (1997) is a no-holds barred look at Muhammad Ali and George Foreman's 1974 'Rumble in the Jungle' heavyweight title bout in Zaire. Foreman was world champion and Ali was supposedly past his prime, but the fight and Ali's frank views on race and the…$14.98Add to Cart