Boneyard: Automotive DVD
SKU ID #70094
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 5, 2007
You hardly think of a car as disposable, but where do our trusty rides go when they can no longer pull their weight?
- Scrap or treasure? What happens to machines once their useful life has ended?
- Visit the last resting place for America's rabid car culture.
- An innovative look at the ultimate in "reuse, recycle, reduce."
All creations, great or small, have a limited lifespan. BONEYARD is a visually captivating and richly informative new series from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® that uncovers the beneficial afterlife of our age's defunct technology. From trains to ships to demolition debris, learn the innovation, creativity and technical prowess that make waste useful again.
An average new car lasts 12 years. Every year millions of them come to the end of the road. Their fate? The junkyard, the scrapheap, the shredder, the crusher. In short, the BONEYARD.
Americans' love affair with the automobile generally ends at the BONEYARD's gate, but many retired road warriors have a useful afterlife, whether recycled into new products, resurrected by devoted gearheads or assembled into replicas of Stonehenge.
In this entertaining and often surprising episode, you'll learn what happens to autos once they've driven their final mile.