Boneyard: Katrina DVD
SKU ID #70135
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 30, 2007
Is New Orleans now the ultimate BONEYARD? How is it possible to recover the wreckage of an entire city?
- An innovative look at the ultimate in "reuse, recycle, reduce."
- Scrap or treasure? What happens to machines once their useful life has ended?
- The Big Easy became the Big Boneyard in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
All creations, great or small, have a limited lifespan. BONEYARD is a visually captivating and richly informative new series from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® that uncovers the beneficial afterlife of our age's defunct technology. From trains to ships to demolition debris, learn the innovation, creativity and technical prowess that make waste useful again.
Before the devastating hurricane of 2005, New Orleans was already something of a living ruin. It was an outmoded city celebrated for a unique way of life out of step with modern America. Then Katrina struck. The city flooded, 1500 people died, and tens of thousands more lost their homes. The destruction was, to any reasonable mind, total and permanent.
BONEYARD goes onsite to examine the mechanics of the disaster and of the daunting task of reclaiming an entire city. From levees to evacuation plans, see what went wrong. From family heirlooms to entire neighborhoods, see how the recovery is going right.
It will take a nation's resources, and her citizens' spirit, to reclaim New Orleans from the BONEYARD, but she will shine again.