Boneyard: Oil Rigs DVD
SKU ID #70163
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 27, 2007
How do you dispose of one of the largest structures made by man? That's tough enough to withstand hurricanes? That's in the middle of the ocean?
- An innovative look at the ultimate in "reuse, recycle, reduce."
- Decommissioning these phenomenal man-made islands poses unique challenges.
- Scrap or treasure? What happens to machines once their useful life has ended?
All creations, great or small, have a limited lifespan. BONEYARD is a visually captivating and richly informative new series from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® that uncovers the beneficial afterlife of our age's defunct technology. From trains to ships to demolition debris, learn the innovation, creativity and technical prowess that make waste useful again.
Offshore oil and gas platforms are some of our largest manmade objects. They are built to survive drilling disasters, hurricanes and icebergs. But once they've done their job, dismantling them is an expensive ordeal and requires all the innovations of highly sophisticated BONEYARDS.
Floating hotels and artificial reefs are some of the alternative uses recently found for these structures. And in the Gulf of Mexico they are being converted into producers of clean and renewable wind-energy.
Top to bottom, OIL RIGS present unique challenges, and this BONEYARD is one you won't want to miss!