Boneyard: Ships DVD
SKU ID #70122
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 2, 2007
Mothball fleet, shipwreck, scuttling? Discover the fate awaiting the sea's glorious vessels when they've crested their final wave.
- Scrap or treasure? What happens to machines once their useful life has ended?
- Without proper disposal, every mothballed ship is a potential ecological disaster.
- An innovative look at the ultimate in "reuse, recycle, reduce."
All creations, great or small, have a limited lifespan. BONEYARD is a visually captivating and richly informative new series from THE HISTORY CHANNEL® that uncovers the beneficial afterlife of our age's defunct technology. From trains to ships to demolition debris, learn the innovation, creativity and technical prowess that make waste useful again.
Ships are among the largest machines on the planet. But when a great ship reaches the end of its useful life, it quickly goes from being the pride of the fleet to a massive liability. Then it's time to set a course for the BONEYARD.
See how veteran warships are sometimes blown to pieces in weapons tests, or sold and cut up for scrap. Witness one astonishing BONEYARD salvage operation saving the battleships that were "sunk" during the attack on Pearl Harbor. And, amazingly, historic ship BONEYARDS were recently discovered that are literally the foundation of a city.
Finally, see how new life springs from all this destruction. Some ships are purposely scuttled to provide sanctuary for marine life as artificial reefs. A fitting BONEYARD, indeed, for these magnificent SHIPS.