History fans, buffs, students, scholars, and inquisitive people – uncover the remarkable stories of our past and explore the possibilities of the future with our history books. Whether you’re after academic pursuits or just beefing up your historical trivia, you’ll be sure to satisfy any and all inquiring minds at the official History Channel Store. With a vast selection of history books from riveting biographies, cookbooks full of personal anecdotes, to crime fiction, the History Store does it all covering American Presidents to UFOs; let curiosity be your guide.
- American People in the Great Depression Freedom from Fear (Paperback) Book
- Even as the New Deal was coping with the Depression, a new menace was developing abroad. Using Germany's own economic burdens, Hitler reached out to the disaffected, turning their aimless discontent into loyal support for his Nazi Party. In Asia, Japan held imperial ambitions of its own. The… [ read more ]
- An American Life The Autobiography (Hardcover) Book
- Ronald Reagan’s autobiography is a work of major historical importance. Here, in his own words, is the story of his life—public and private—told in a book both frank and compellingly readable. Few presidents have accomplished more, or been so effective in changing the direction of… [ read more ]
- Anchored in Love An Intimate Portrait of June Carter Cash (Hardcover) Book
- Presents a life of the country music musician and songwriter, from her childhood performances as part of the Carter family singers to her relationship and marriage to Johnny Cash. [ read more ]
- Angels & Demons (Hardcover) Book
- Before The Da Vinci Code there was Angels & Demons , the explosive thriller that introduced the mysterious world of Harvard symbologist Robesrt Langdon. Now Dan Brown's legions of fans can add a breathtaking new dimension to the Angels & Demons reading experience with this Special… [ read more ]
- Animals of the Ocean, in Particular the Giant Squid (Hardcover) Book
- Here is the third installment in a series of reference books, all written by Dr. and Mr. Doris Haggis-on-Whey, a team of highly energized and deeply focused scientists with over sixty-seven combined years of experience at their command, including six months spent lifting awkwardly-sized… [ read more ]
- Armageddon in Stalingrad September-November 1942, the Stalingrad Trilogy,...
- The German offensive on Stalingrad was originally intended to secure the Wehrmacht's flanks, but it stalled dramatically in the face of Stalin's order: "Not a Step Back!" The Soviets' resulting tenacious defense of the city led to urban warfare for which the Germans were totally unprepared,… [ read more ]
- Ascent of Money A Financial History of the World (Paperback) Book
- Niall Ferguson follows the money to tell the human story behind the evolution of our financial system, from its genesis in ancient Mesopotamia to the latest upheavals on what he calls Planet Finance. Whats more, Ferguson reveals financial history as the essential backstory behind all… [ read more ]
- Attila The Barbarian King Who Challenged Rome (Paperback) Book
- Attila the Hun is a household name---a byword for mindless barbarism. But to most of us the man himself, his world, and his significance are all unknown. In this stunning historical narrative, John Man reveals the real Attila. [ read more ]
- Band of Brothers E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to...
- As good a rifle company as any in the world, Easy Company, 506th Airborne Division, U.S. Army, kept getting the tough assignments -- responsible for everything from parachuting into France early D-Day morning to the capture of Hitler's Eagle's Nest at Berchtesgaden. In Band of Brothers,… [ read more ]
- Battle Cry of Freedom The Civil War Era (Paperback) Book
- Now featuring a new Afterword by the author, this handy paperback edition of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Battle Cry of Freedom is without question the definitive one-volume history of the Civil War. James McPherson's fast-paced narrative fully integrates the political, social, and military… [ read more ]
- Battle for Leyte Gulf The Incredible Story of World War IIs Largest Naval...
- Woodward, who served on the staff of historians of the US Navy during World War II, drafted this as a part of the Navy's secret history of the battle and had access to records denied to others. Here he pursues the battle geographically as well as chronologically, making sense of the largest… [ read more ]
- Big Short Inside the Doomsday Machine (Hardcover) Book
- Author: Michael Lewis A brilliant account—character-rich and darkly humorous—of how the U.S. economy was driven over the cliff. Truth really is stranger than fiction. Who better than the author of the signature bestseller Liar's Poker to explain how the event we were told was impossible— [ read more ]
- Black Panther Intercommunal News Service (Paperback) Book
- ''We knew from the beginning how critical it was to have our own publication, to set forth our agenda for freedom...to urge change, to use the pen alongside the sword,'' writes David Hilliard in the preface to this stunning collection of pages from the original groundbreaking editions of… [ read more ]
- Blackwater The Rise of the Worlds Most Powerful Mercenary Army (Paperback) Book
- On September 16, 2007, machine gun fire erupted in Baghdad's Nisour Square leaving seventeen Iraqi civilians dead, among them women and children. The shooting spree, labeled "Baghdad's Bloody Sunday," was neither the work of Iraqi insurgents nor U.S. soldiers. The shooters were private… [ read more ]
- Blood and Thunder An Epic of the American West (Paperback) Book
- In the summer of 1846, the Army of the West marched through Santa Fe, en route to invade and occupy the Western territories claimed by Mexico. Fueled by the new ideology of “Manifest Destiny,” this land grab would lead to a decades-long battle between the United States and the Navajos, the… [ read more ]
- Blues People Negro Music in White America (Paperback) Book
- Author: Leroi Jones "The path the slave took to 'citizenship' is what I want to look at. And I make my analogy through the slave citizen's music -- through the music that is most closely associated with him: blues and a later, but parallel development, jazz... [If] the Negro represents,… [ read more ]
- Bobby and Jackie A Love Story (Paperback) Book
- The Bobby and Jackie A Love Story book (paperback) offers an in-depth look at the much talked-about"but never fully revealed"relationship between Jackie Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy. Rumors about the love affair have long fascinated Americans. Now, it is brought to light by an expert on the… [ read more ]
- Boone A Biography (Paperback) Book
- The story of Daniel Boone is the story of America—its ideals, its promise, its romance, and its destiny. Bestselling, critically acclaimed author Robert Morgan reveals the complex character of a frontiersman whose heroic life was far stranger and more fascinating than the myths that surround… [ read more ]
- Brace for Impact Miracle on the Hudson Survivors Share Their Stories of Near...
- The paperback Brace for Impact book Miracle on the Hudson Survivors Share Their Stories of Near Death and Hope for a New Life offers a rare glimpse into the minds of survivors of the US Airways Flight 1549 that made an emergency landing New York’s Hudson River. Read how that experience in… [ read more ]
- Cavalryman of the Lost Cause A Biography of J. E. B. Stuart (Hardcover) Book
- Cavalryman of the Lost Cause is the first major biography in decades of the famous Confederate general J. E. B. Stuart. Based on research in manuscript collections, personal memoirs and reminiscences, and regimental histories, this comprehensive volume reflects outstanding Civil War… [ read more ]
- Change We Can Believe in Barack Obamas Plan to Renew Americas Promise...
- Go deep into a pivotal point in American history in Change We Can Believe in: Barack Obama's Plan to Renew America's Promise (Paperback). Barack Obama has proven to be a new kind of leader -- one who can bring people together, be honest about the challenges we face, and move this nation… [ read more ]
- Chasing the White Dog An Amateur Outlaws Adventures in Moonshine (Paperback)...
- In the summer of 1794, drunk and armed outlaws gathered in Monongahela, Pennsylvania, intent on preventing the collection of the Whiskey Tax. George Washington mustered 13,000 troops to quell the rebellion, but by the time they arrived, the rebels had vanished; America’s first moonshiners… [ read more ]
- Chronicle of the Chinese Emperors The Reign-by-Reign Record of the Rulers of...
- Spanning over 2,000 years, from the great 'First Emperor', buried with his terracotta army in the 3rd century BC, to the last emperor, enthroned in the Forbidden City in 1911, Chronicle of the Chinese Emperors details the fascinating lives and personalities of all 157 Chinese emperors. In… [ read more ]
- Citizen Soldiers The U.S. Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the...
- In this riveting account, historian Stephen Ambrose continues where he left off in his #1 bestseller D-Day. Ambrose again follows the individual characters of this noble, brutal, and tragic war, from the high command down to the ordinary soldier, drawing on hundreds of interviews to… [ read more ]
- Coast to Coast Ghosts True Stories of Hauntings Across America (Paperback) Book
- An employee of the St. James Hotel in New Mexico watches in shock as a fair-haired toddler with a terribly disfigured face disappears into the floor. This is just one of the paranormal mysteries Leslie Rule shares with us-a result of extensive interviews and research uncovering the reasons… [ read more ]
- Coco Chanel A Life (Hardcover) Book
- A full-scale biography with 60 color illustrations peels away the layers of romance and myth surrounding the legend of the incredible woman who shaped modern fashion, in a book drawn from research in the Chanel archives and an exclusive interview with Chanel's successor, Karl Lagerfield. [ read more ]
- Common Sense, the Rights of Man, and Other Essential Writings (Paperback) Book
- A trio of important works from the "English Voltaire" and advocate of democracy includes Common Sense, in which he declared independence from Britain, and The Crisis, in which he experienced first hand the horrors of war as a Continental Army solider [ read more ]
- Condoleezza Rice An American Life A Biography (Paperback) Book
- A Washington correspondent for The New York Times and author of The Secrets of Mariko provides a close-up portrait of America's controversial Secretary of State, offering an intimate account of Rice's life and political career, her role as a powerful African-American woman in politics,… [ read more ]
- Crash Proof 2.0 How to Profit From the Economic Collapse (Hardcover) Book
- A fully updated follow-up to Peter Schiff's bestselling financial survival guide-Crash Proof, which described the U.S. economy as a house of cards on the verge of collapse. The economic and monetary disaster which seasoned Wall Street prognosticator Peter Schiff predicted is no longer… [ read more ]
- D-Day June 6, 1944 The Climactic Battle of World War II (Paperback) Book
- The author of Eisenhower chronicles the events, politics, and personalities of this pivotal day in World War II, shedding light on the strategies of commanders on both sides and the ramifications of the battle. [ read more ]
- Dark Side The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned into a War on...
- A provocative study of how the U.S. made disastrous, self-destructive decisions in pursuit of terrorism around the globe in the wake of 9/11 reveals how these actions not only violated the Constitution and American values, but also hampered efforts to bring down Al Qaeda, seriously damaging… [ read more ]
- Day Freedom Died The Colfax Massacre, The Supreme Court, and the Betrayal of...
- Following the Civil War, Colfax, Louisiana, was a town like many where African Americans and whites mingled uneasily. But on April 13, 1873, a small army of white ex–Confederate soldiers, enraged after attempts by freedmen to assert their new rights, killed more than sixty African Americans… [ read more ]
- Dear Mr. President Letters to the Oval Office from the Files of the National...
- This carefully selected collection of letters, spanning from the earliest days of the Republic to the present, were pulled from the extensive holdings of the National Archives. Archivists searched through hundreds of letters held throughout their network, which includes all of the… [ read more ]
- Death by Black Hole And Other Cosmic Quandaries (Paperback) Book
- Loyal readers of the monthly “Universe” essays in Natural History magazine have long recognized Neil deGrasse Tyson’s talent for guiding them through the mysteries of the cosmos with stunning clarity and childlike enthusiasm. Here Tyson compiles his favorite essays across a myriad of cosmic… [ read more ]
- Different Mirror A History of Multicultural America (Paperback) Book
- Upon its first publication, A Different Mirror was hailed by critics and academics everywhere as a dramatic new retelling of our nation's past. Beginning with the colonization of the New World, it recounted the history of America in the voice of the non-Anglo peoples of the United… [ read more ]
- Dreams from My Father A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama...
- Years before becoming the 44th President-elect of the United States, Barack Obama published Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, a lyrical, unsentimental, and powerfully affecting memoir, which became a #1 New York Times bestseller when it was reissued in 2004. It tells… [ read more ]