History fans, buffs, students, scholars, and inquisitive people – uncover the remarkable stories of our past and explore the possibilities of the future with our history books. Whether you’re after academic pursuits or just beefing up your historical trivia, you’ll be sure to satisfy any and all inquiring minds at the official History Channel Store. With a vast selection of history books from riveting biographies, cookbooks full of personal anecdotes, to crime fiction, the History Store does it all covering American Presidents to UFOs; let curiosity be your guide.
- How the States Got Their Shapes (Paperback) Book
- An accessible history of how each of the fifty United States obtained their unique shapes offers insight into such topics as the super-sized geography of Texas, Oklahoma's panhandle, and Maryland's unusual layout, in a lighthearted chronicle that features complementary information on land… [ read more ]
- Blues People Negro Music in White America (Paperback) Book
- Author: Leroi Jones "The path the slave took to 'citizenship' is what I want to look at. And I make my analogy through the slave citizen's music -- through the music that is most closely associated with him: blues and a later, but parallel development, jazz... [If] the Negro represents,… [ read more ]
- Greatest Presidential Stories Never Told : 100 Tales from History to...
- What most of us don't know about our presidents could fill a book &mdash and this just happens to be that book! Rick Beyer has produced dozens of programs for THE HISTORY CHANNEL This collection of 100 concise and amusing tales makes the perfect gift. Delightfully illustrated, 224-page survey o [ read more ]
- Into Africa The Epic Adventures of Stanley and Livingstone (Paperback) Book
- With the utterance of a single line—“Doctor Livingstone, I presume?”—a remote meeting in the heart of Africa was transformed into one of the most famous encounters in exploration history. But the true story behind Dr. David Livingstone and journalist Henry Morton Stanley is one that has… [ read more ]
- Life Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr. (Hard Cover) Book
- Marking the eightieth birthday of the late civil rights leader, a portrait of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., explores his diverse roles as a minister, activist, family man, eloquent speaker, and advocate for peaceful change, in a volume that blends thoughtful text with dramatic photographic images. [ read more ]
- Rendezvous With Destiny (Hard Cover) Book
- The remarkable untold story of Franklin D. Roosevelt and the five extraordinary men he used to pull America into World War II. Documents the lesser-known role of the 32nd President and five influential diplomats in overturning American isolationist beliefs and pulling the country into World… [ read more ]
- Condoleezza Rice An American Life A Biography (Paperback) Book
- A Washington correspondent for The New York Times and author of The Secrets of Mariko provides a close-up portrait of America's controversial Secretary of State, offering an intimate account of Rice's life and political career, her role as a powerful African-American woman in politics,… [ read more ]
- The Fashion Designer Survival Guide, Revised and Expanded Edition (Paperback)...
- The Fashion Designer Survival Guide, Revised and Expanded Edition: Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business Mary Gehlhar, author, industry authority, and consultant to hundreds of designers, including Zac Posen, Twinkle by Wenlan, Rebecca Taylor, and Cloak, gives readers behind-the-scenes… [ read more ]
- The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything (Hardcover)
- The element is the point at which natural talent meets personal passion. When people arrive at the element, they feel most themselves and most inspired and achieve at their highest levels. The Element draws on the stories of a wide range of people, from ex-Beatle Paul McCartney to Matt… [ read more ]
- A Story Of God And All Of Us Hardcover
- A Story Of God And All Of Us: A Novel Based On The Epic Miniseries 'The Bible' Scripture's greatest stories and most compelling characters come to life in this sweeping new novel by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett. Beginning with the creation of man and ending with the revelation of a new… [ read more ]
- The Fifth Assassin (Hardcover) Book
- From John Wilkes Booth to Lee Harvey Oswald, there have been more than two dozen assassination attempts on the President of the United States. Four have been successful. But now, Beecher White--the hero of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Inner Circle--discovers a killer in Washington,… [ read more ]
- Top Shot (Paperback) Book
- Behind the scenes and behind the trigger on the History Channel’s hit TV show. On Top Shot, some of the most skilled shooters in the world are gathered together to test their mettle in competition for $100,000. From former military snipers and ex-law enforcement officers to quick-draw… [ read more ]
- A Story Of God And All Of Us: Young Readers Edition (Hardcover)
- A novel based on the epic TV miniseries, "The Bible". A Story Of God And All Of Us is a sweeping narrative that dramatizes some of the most important events and characters in the Bible. The young reader's edition of the novel contains abridged action-packed versions of the Bible's most… [ read more ]
- The Thomas Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress (Paperback)
- Termed the 'national temple of the arts' on its opening in 1897, the Library of Congress's Thomas Jefferson Building remains, with the exception of technological improvements, essentially unchanged. Designed to house America's national library and to showcase the art and culture of the… [ read more ]
- The One Hundred A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own...
- By: Nina Garcia ''Simply put, these items make me feel classic . And there is no substitute for feeling this way. Ever.'' In the wildly popular The Little Black Book of Style , fashion authority Nina Garcia showed women how to think about personal style in an entirely new way. Encouraging [ read more ]
- Jacqueline Kennedy Historic Conversations on Life With John F. Kennedy...
- In seven never-before-heard interviews conducted in 1964 with Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. and sealed for half a century, Jacqueline Kennedy tells her story in her own words, in an annotated book that includes an eight-CD set of the original interviews. [ read more ]
- Bayou Farewell The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisianas Cajun Coast...
- The Cajun coast of Louisiana is home to a way of life as unique, complex, and beautiful as the terrain itself. As award-winning travel writer Mike Tidwell journeys through the bayou, he introduces us to the food and the language, the shrimp fisherman, the Houma Indians, and the rich… [ read more ]
- Gifted Hands The Ben Carson Story (Paperback) Book
- Examines the life and career of the famous neurosurgeon. [ read more ]
- Organized Simplicity The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living...
- Simplicity isn't about what you give up. It's about what you gain. When you remove the things that don't matter to you, you are free to focus on only the things that are meaningful to you. Imagine your home, your time, your finances, and your belongings all filling you with positive energy… [ read more ]
- Baby Love Healthy, Easy, Delicious Meals for Your Baby and Toddler...
- Finally, the must-have cookbook is here for the millions of busy parents who have taken on a healthier approach to eating—less processed, more organic—and who want to feed their little ones easy-to-make, cost-effective, completely nutritious and delicious meals. With more than sixty… [ read more ]
- Only Thing Worth Dying For How Eleven Green Berets Forged a New Afghanistan...
- On a moonless night just weeks after September 11, 2001, U.S. Special Forces team ODA 574 infiltrates the mountains of southern Afghanistan with a seemingly impossible mission: to foment a tribal revolt and force the Taliban to surrender. Armed solely with the equipment they can carry on… [ read more ]
- Tear Drops and Tiny Trailers (Hardcover)
- Buckle up as Douglas Keister takes you for a decidedly retro ride in the world of diminutive travel trailers in Teardrops and Tiny Trailers . The demand for vintage trailers-the smaller the better-has risen dramatically in recent years, with the most in-demand trailers being "teardrops,"… [ read more ]
- Titan The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. (Paperback) Book
- John D. Rockefeller, Sr.--history's first billionaire and the patriarch of America's most famous dynasty--is an icon whose true nature has eluded three generations of historians. Now Ron Chernow, the National Book Award-winning biographer of the Morgan and Warburg banking families, gives us… [ read more ]
- The Tudors The Complete Story of Englands Most Notorious Dynasty (Paperback)...
- For the first time in decades, here, in a single volume, is a fresh look at the fabled Tudor dynasty, comprising some of the most enigmatic figures ever to rule a country. Acclaimed historian G. J. Meyer reveals the flesh-and-bone reality in all its wild excess. In 1485, young Henry… [ read more ]
- Heroes For My Son
- When Brad Meltzer’s first son Jonas was born eight years ago, the bestselling writer and new father started compiling a list of heroes whose virtues and talents he wanted to share with his son. Abraham Lincoln, Rosa Parks, Jim Henson, Amelia Earhart, Muhammad Ali…and so many more, each one… [ read more ]
- Michelle Obama in Her Own Words (Paperback) Book
- Michelle Obama in Her Own Words (Paperback) presents quotes from notable speeches and interviews by Michelle Obama on topics including family life, her husband, the 2008 Presidential election, and being a role model. This dynamic, inspirational woman is highly charismatic while remaining… [ read more ]
- 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse (Paperback)
- Artists and crafters have always been recyclers, but for many, it has not only become a thrifty choice, it has become a moral imperative. 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse contains a cutting edge collection of the most inventive work being made with re-used, upcycled, and already existing… [ read more ]
- Tears in the Darkness The Story of the Bataan Death March and Its Aftermath...
- For the first four months of 1942, American, Filipino, and Japanese soldiers fought America's first major land battle of World War II: the battle for the tiny Philippine peninsula of Bataan. It ended with the single largest defeat in American military history. This was only the beginning.… [ read more ]
- Hungry Girl Happy Hour 75 Recipes for Amazingly Guilt-Free Cocktails and...
- Amazingly delicious guilt-free recipes for any fun-filled cocktail party! Margaritas and cosmos and mudslides, oh my! Blended drinks, mixed drinks, fruity drinks . . . any and every cocktail you desire is here in Hungry Girl Happy Hour, and they’ve all got HG’s guilt-free guarantee! Also… [ read more ]
- How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It Tactics, Techniques, &...
- The definitive guide on how to prepare for any crisis--from global financial collapse to a pandemic. It would only take one unthinkable event to disrupt our way of life. If there is a terrorist attack, a global pandemic, or sharp currency devaluation--you may be forced to fend for yourself… [ read more ]
- Manhattan Project The Birth of the Atomic Bomb and Its Creators,...
- The first collection ever of the writings and insights of the original creators of the atomic bomb, along with pieces by the most important historians and interpreters of the subject, is now in paperback. Born out of a small research program begun in 1939, the Manhattan Project eventually… [ read more ]
- A History of the Jews (Paperback) Book
- The author delivers a brilliant and comprehensive one-volume survey covering 4,000 years of Jewish history. His book is a forceful and sustained analysis of Jewish emergence and an interpretation of how Jewish history, philosophy, ethics, and social and political notions interplay with world… [ read more ]
- Common Sense, the Rights of Man, and Other Essential Writings (Paperback) Book
- A trio of important works from the "English Voltaire" and advocate of democracy includes Common Sense, in which he declared independence from Britain, and The Crisis, in which he experienced first hand the horrors of war as a Continental Army solider [ read more ]
- Presidents Secret Service Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire...
- Never before has a journalist penetrated the wall of secrecy that surrounds the U.S. Secret Service, that elite corps of agents who pledge to take a bullet to protect the president and his family. After conducting exclusive interviews with more than one hundred current and former Secret… [ read more ]
- Enola Gay The B-29 That Dropped the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima (Paperback) Book
- The world entered the atomic age in August 1945, when the B-29 Superfortress nicknamed Enola Gay flew some 1,500 miles from the island of Tinian and dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan. The "Little Boy" bomb exploded with the force of 12.5 kilotons of TNT, nearly destroying the city.… [ read more ]
- End the Fed (Hardcover) Book
- In the post-meltdown world, it is irresponsible, ineffective, and ultimately useless to have a serious economic debate without considering and challenging the role of the Federal Reserve. Most people think of the Fed as an indispensable institution without which the country's economy could… [ read more ]
- D-Day June 6, 1944 The Climactic Battle of World War II (Paperback) Book
- The author of Eisenhower chronicles the events, politics, and personalities of this pivotal day in World War II, shedding light on the strategies of commanders on both sides and the ramifications of the battle. [ read more ]
- American Heroes Profiles of Men and Women Who Shaped Early America...
- These revelatory stories of American heroes and their undaunted courage will forever alter our understanding of American history. From the best-selling author of Benjamin Franklin comes a remarkable work that will help redefine our notion of American heroism. As Edmund S. Morgan, the… [ read more ]