History fans, buffs, students, scholars, and inquisitive people – uncover the remarkable stories of our past and explore the possibilities of the future with our history books. Whether you’re after academic pursuits or just beefing up your historical trivia, you’ll be sure to satisfy any and all inquiring minds at the official History Channel Store. With a vast selection of history books from riveting biographies, cookbooks full of personal anecdotes, to crime fiction, the History Store does it all covering American Presidents to UFOs; let curiosity be your guide.
- The Drillmaster of Valley Forge The Baron De Steuben and the Making of the...
- The image of the Baron de Steuben training Washington's ragged, demoralized troops in the snow at Valley Forge is part of the iconography of our Revolutionary heritage, but most history fans know little more about this fascinating figure. In the first book on Steuben since 1937, Paul… [ read more ]
- Eiffels Tower The Thrilling Story Behind Pariss Beloved Monument and the...
- Since it opened in May 1889, the Eiffel Tower has been an iconic image of modern times-as much a beacon of technological progress as an enduring symbol of Paris and French culture. But as engineer Gustave Eiffel built the now-famous landmark to be the spectacular centerpiece of the 1889… [ read more ]
- Einstein His Life and Universe (Paperback) Book
- A narrative portrait based on the complete body of Einstein's papers offers insight into how the iconic thinker's mind worked as well as his contributions to science, in an account that describes his two marriages, his receipt of the Nobel Prize, and the influence of his discoveries on his… [ read more ]
- Ella Fitzgerald A Twentieth-Century Life (Hardcover) Book
- As a young runaway who had to live on the streets, Ella Fitzgerald overcame her financial and personal hardships in her adult years; shining on stage as a world-revered jazz singer who won thirteen Grammys, toured for more than 50 years, and became known as the First Lady of Song. [ read more ]
- Empire of Liberty A History of the Early Republic, 1789-1815 (Hardcover) Book
- The Oxford History of the United States is by far the most respected multi-volume history of our nation. The series includes three Pulitzer Prize winners, two New York Times bestsellers, and winners of the Bancroft and Parkman Prizes. Now, in the newest volume in the series, one of America's… [ read more ]
- End of Empire Attila the Hun and the Fall of Rome (Hardcover) Book
- A bold new account of Attila the Hun as empire builder and political threat to Rome. Conjuring up images of savagery and ferocity, Attila the Hun has become a byword for barbarianism. But, as the Romans of the fifth century knew, Attila did more than just terrorize villages on the edge of an… [ read more ]
- End the Fed (Hardcover) Book
- In the post-meltdown world, it is irresponsible, ineffective, and ultimately useless to have a serious economic debate without considering and challenging the role of the Federal Reserve. Most people think of the Fed as an indispensable institution without which the country's economy could… [ read more ]
- Enola Gay The B-29 That Dropped the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima (Paperback) Book
- The world entered the atomic age in August 1945, when the B-29 Superfortress nicknamed Enola Gay flew some 1,500 miles from the island of Tinian and dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan. The "Little Boy" bomb exploded with the force of 12.5 kilotons of TNT, nearly destroying the city.… [ read more ]
- Everything Ghost Hunting Book Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Exploring the...
- A real-world paranormal investigator describes aspects of her job including the technological tools that are used to evaluate sites where unexplained phenomena have been reported, offering insight into the high-tech methods used to examine alleged poltergeists, electronic-voice phenomena,… [ read more ]
- Exodus from the Alamo The Anatomy of the Last Stand Myth (Hardcover) Book
- A startling new analysis of one of America's most glorious battles... Contrary to movie and legend, we now know that the defenders of the Alamo in the war for Texan independence-including Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie and William B. Travis-did not die under brilliant sunlight, defending… [ read more ]
- Exporting American Dreams Thurgood Marshalls African Journey (Hardcover) Book
- The story of Thurgood Marshall's journey to Africa in 1969 to help Kenyan independence leaders write their constitution is told in an intriguing work that recounts how his involvement with Kenya's foundation affirmed his belief in progress by legal means. Thurgood Marshall became a living… [ read more ]
- Failure Is Not an Option Mission Control From Mercury to Apollo 13 and Beyond...
- Gene Kranz was present at the creation of America's manned space program and was a key player in it for three decades. As a flight director in NASA's Mission Control, Kranz witnessed firsthand the making of history. He participated in the space program from the early days of the Mercury… [ read more ]
- First of Men A Life of George Washington (Paperback) Book
- Written by John Ferling, one of America's leading historians of the Revolutionary era, The First of Men offers an illuminating portrait of George Washington's life, with emphasis on his military and political career. Here is a riveting account that captures Washington in all his… [ read more ]
- First Tycoon The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt (Paperback) Book
- Author: T.J. Stiles A gripping, groundbreaking biography of the combative man whose genius and force of will created modern capitalism. Founder of a dynasty, builder of the original Grand Central, creator of an impossibly vast fortune, Cornelius “Commodore” Vanderbilt is an American… [ read more ]
- Flags of Our Fathers Heroes of Iwo Jima (Paperback) Book
- In this unforgettable chronicle of perhaps the most famous moment in American military history, James Bradley has captured the glory, the triumph, the heartbreak, and the legacy of the six men who raised the flag at Iwo Jima. Here is the true story behind the immortal photograph that has… [ read more ]
- Fordlandia The Rise and Fall of Henry Fords Forgotten Jungle City (Hardcover)...
- In 1927, Henry Ford, the richest man in the world, bought a tract of land twice the size of Delaware in the Brazilian Amazon. His intention was to grow rubber, but the project rapidly evolved into a more ambitious bid to export America itself, along with its golf courses, ice-cream shops,… [ read more ]
- Founding Brothers The Revolutionary Generation (Paperback) Book
- In this landmark work of history, the National Book Award-winning author of American Sphinx explores how a group of greatly gifted but deeply flawed individuals—Hamilton, Burr, Jefferson, Franklin, Washington, Adams, and Madison—confronted the overwhelming challenges before them to set the… [ read more ]
- Freedom Flyers The Tuskegee Airmen of World War II (Hardcover) Book
- As the country's first African American military pilots, the Tuskegee Airmen fought in World War II on two fronts: against the Axis powers in the skies over Europe and against Jim Crow racism and segregation at home. Although the pilots flew more than 15,000 sorties and destroyed more than… [ read more ]
- General Patton A Soldiers Life (Paperback) Book
- Utilizing untapped archival materials from the United States and England, Stanley P. Hirshson creates the most balanced portrait of Patton ever written. It reveals Patton as a complex soldier capable of brilliant military maneuvers but also of inspiring horrendous acts with fiery speeches.… [ read more ]
- Georges Secret Key to the Universe (Hardcover) Book
- Taken away by a noted physicist and his daughter to study the science of black holes, George's journey through space becomes a daring adventure when the physicist's super-intelligent computer becomes a highly sought possession, enhanced with diagrams, charts, photos, and line drawings. [ read more ]
- Ghost Soldiers The Epic Account of WWIIs Greatest Rescue Mission (Paperback)...
- On January 28, 1945, 121 hand-selected U.S. troops slipped behind enemy lines in the Philippines. Their mission: March thirty rugged miles to rescue 513 POWs languishing in a hellish camp, among them the last survivors of the infamous Bataan Death March. A recent prison massacre by Japanese… [ read more ]
- Gifted Hands The Ben Carson Story (Paperback) Book
- Examines the life and career of the famous neurosurgeon. [ read more ]
- Glenn Becks Common Sense The Case Against an Out-of-control Government,...
- ''If you believe it's time to put principles above parties, character above campaign promises, and Common Sense above all -- then I ask you to read this book....'' In any era, great Americans inspire us to reach our full potential. They know with conviction what they believe within… [ read more ]
- Gods Crucible Islam and the Making of Europe, 570-1215 (Paperback) Book
- Hailed by critics as an essential book, God's Crucible is a bold, new interpretation of Islamic Spain and the birth of Europe from one of our greatest historians. [ read more ]
- The Greatest Science Stories Never Told 100 Tales of Invention and Discovery...
- The author of the History Channel« series The Greatest Stories Never Told returns with new historic tales, this time focusing on amazing stories of invention and discovery--from the first car, built in George Washington's day, to the frustrated fashion designer who gave us the space suit. [ read more ]
- Guadalcanal (Paperback) Book
- In the summer and fall of 1942, American Marines landed on the South Pacific island of Guadalcanal and began the slow, bloody work of defeating the Japanese empire. Their landing was significant not only for the outcome of World War II, but also for the conduct of war ever since, for the… [ read more ]
- The Harvard Psychedelic Club (Paperback) Book
- The Harvard Psychedelic Club: How Timothy Leary, Ram Dass, Huston Smith, and Andrew Weil Killed the Fifties and Ushered in a New Age for America, is the story of how three brilliant scholars and one ambitious freshman crossed paths in the early sixties at a Harvard-sponsored… [ read more ]
- Helmet For My Pillow From Parris Island to the Pacific (Paperback) Book
- By: Robert Leckie Here is one of the most riveting first-person accounts ever to come out of World War II. Robert Leckie enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in January 1942, shortly after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. In Helmet for My Pillow we follow his odyssey, from… [ read more ]
- Hemingses of Monticello An American Family (Paperback) Book
- This epic work—named a best book of the year by the Washington Post, Time, the Los Angeles Times, Amazon, the San Francisco Chronicle, and a notable book by the New York Times—tells the story of the Hemingses, whose close blood ties to our third president had been systematically expunged… [ read more ]
- His Excellency George Washington (Hardcover) Book
- The author of seven highly acclaimed books, Joseph J. Ellis has crafted a landmark biography that brings to life in all his complexity the most important and perhaps least understood figure in American history, George Washington. With his careful attention to detail and his lyrical prose,… [ read more ]
- The History of White People (Hardcover) Book
- A mind-expanding and myth-destroying exploration of “whiteness”—an illuminating work on the history of race and power. Eminent historian Nell Irvin Painter tells perhaps the most important forgotten story in American history. Beginning at the roots of Western civilization, she traces the… [ read more ]
- Hot, Flat, and Crowded Why We Need a Green Revolution--and How It Can Renew...
- Examines America's loss of focus and national purpose since 9/11, and the global environmental crisis, and shows how the solutions to these two problems are linked.Proposes an ambitious national strategy to address key issues in climate change and energy shortages, identifying the factors… [ read more ]
- How Historys Greatest Pirates Pillaged, Plundered, and Got Away with It...
- Not simple retellings of the tried and true stories of buccaneers on the high seas, How History's Greatest Pirates Pillaged, Plundered, and Got Away with It: The Stories, Techniques, and Tactics of the Most Feared Sea Rovers From, 1500-1800 focuses on how pirating tactics of the 1500s… [ read more ]
- How The States Got Their Shapes (Hardcover) Book
- Why does Oklahoma have that panhandle? Did someone make a mistake? We are so familiar with the map of the United States that our state borders seem as much a part of nature as mountains and rivers. Even the oddities—the entire state of Maryland(!)—have become so engrained that our map… [ read more ]
- How the States Got Their Shapes (Paperback) Book
- An accessible history of how each of the fifty United States obtained their unique shapes offers insight into such topics as the super-sized geography of Texas, Oklahoma's panhandle, and Maryland's unusual layout, in a lighthearted chronicle that features complementary information on land… [ read more ]
- How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It Tactics, Techniques, and...
- The definitive guide on how to prepare for any crisis--from global financial collapse to a pandemic. It would only take one unthinkable event to disrupt our way of life. If there is a terrorist attack, a global pandemic, or sharp currency devaluation--you may be forced to fend for yourself… [ read more ]