History fans, buffs, students, scholars, and inquisitive people – uncover the remarkable stories of our past and explore the possibilities of the future with our history books. Whether you’re after academic pursuits or just beefing up your historical trivia, you’ll be sure to satisfy any and all inquiring minds at the official History Channel Store. With a vast selection of history books from riveting biographies, cookbooks full of personal anecdotes, to crime fiction, the History Store does it all covering American Presidents to UFOs; let curiosity be your guide.
- Pattons Photographs War As He Saw It (Paperback) Book
- An avid photographer, General George S. Patton created a visual record of each place where he fought, depicting the army both in victory and defeat. Organized chronologically, this volume presents a selection of b&w photographs from his personal collection. Hymel (associate editor for ARMY… [ read more ]
- Patton The Man Behind the Legend, 1885-1945 (Paperback) Book
- This magnificent biography by the world's foremost expert on the life of George S. Patton portrays the many faces of the general with uncompromising insight: the gruff, demanding public front known (and feared) by millions; the sensitive, intellectual visage shown to intimates; and the… [ read more ]
- Peasant Prince Thaddeus Kosciuszko and the Age of Revolution (Hardcover) Book
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko, a Polish-Lithuanian born in 1746, was one of the most important figures of the modern world. Fleeing his homeland after a death sentence was placed on his head (when he dared court a woman above his station), he came to America one month after the signing of the… [ read more ]
- Portrait of Camelot (Hardcover) Book
- The epic hardcover Portrait of Camelot book collects the fascinating photographs of Cecil Stoughton, the very first official presidential photographer. The insightful volume holds pictures never before seen by the public at large and provides a unique look at The Kennedys during their… [ read more ]
- Presidential Dollars Coin Collecting Kit (Hardcover) Book
- The Presidential One Dollar Coin Act of 2005 was passed to honor those who have served the US as Commander in Chief. You can share a piece of this history by starting your own coin collection! Four coins are issued each year (beginning in 2007). This sturdy folder contains storage for all… [ read more ]
- Profiles in Courage (Hardcover) Book
- The hardcover Profiles In Courage book is a timeless classic that is still relevant today. An inspirational tome, the pivotal volume written by the late president, introduces us to American heroes from different classes and races. The John F Kennedy book would go on to be awarded a Pulitzer… [ read more ]
- Pursuit of Happyness (Paperback) Book
- In a candid memoir, a successful entrepreneur traces his journey from growing up with an abusive stepfather, to life on the streets as a homeless man with a small toddler in tow, to his triumphant battle to the top as a self-made millionaire. [ read more ]
- Putins Labyrinth Spies, Murder and the Dark Heart of the New Russia...
- The new Russia is marching in an alarming direction. Emboldened by escalating oil wealth and newfound prominence as a world power, Russia, under the leadership of Vladimir Putin, has veered back toward the authoritarian roots planted in Imperial/Czarist times and firmly established during… [ read more ]
- Railroads in the African American Experience A Photographic Journey...
- This captivating book takes readers on an illustrated tour of the black railroad experience from slavery to Amtrak. With almost 200 images -- many never before published -- Theodore Kornweibel, Jr., examines the significant contributions of African Americans to the building, maintenance,… [ read more ]
- Red Land, Black Land Daily Life in Ancient Egypt (Paperback) Book
- A fascinating, erudite, and witty glimpse of the human side of ancient Egypt—this acclaimed classic work is now revised and updated for a new generation. [ read more ]
- The River of Doubt Theodore Roosevelts Darkest Journey (Paperback) Book
- The River of Doubt —it is a black, uncharted tributary of the Amazon that snakes through one of the most treacherous jungles in the world. Indians armed with poison-tipped arrows haunt its shadows; piranhas glide through its waters; boulder-strewn rapids turn the river into a roiling… [ read more ]
- Running with the Tiger A Memoir of an Extraordinary Young Womans Life...
- Ansie Lee Sperry's beautiful and witty memoir combines passages from her personal diary, historical research, photos and sketches to portray the fascinating life of a woman who lived in challenging times. Ansie grew up in a prominent Hong Kong family, one of fourteen children in a household… [ read more ]
- Seeking Spirits The Lost Cases of the Atlantic Paranormal Society (Paperback)...
- The plumbers-by-day, paranormal-investigators-by-night stars of the hit show Ghost Hunters offer a frightening look at their pre-television show investigations--from reports of devil worshippers to paranormal premonitions--in a spooky follow-up to the best-selling Ghost Hunting. Original. [ read more ]
- Sellout How Wall Street Greed and Stupidity Destroyed Americas Dominance of...
- From critically acclaimed investigative journalist and CNBC personality Charles Gasparino comes a sweeping examination of the most recent volatile, anxiety-ridden era in our nation's socioeconomic history. The Sellout traces the implosion of the financial services business back to its… [ read more ]
- Sopranos The Complete Book (Hardcover) Book
- Complemented by more than two hundred full-color photographs, an official companion to the ground-breaking HBO television series features dozens of interviews with cast, crew, and producers and includes a detailed episode guide covering all six seasons, a behind-the-scenes look at sets and… [ read more ]
- Southern Storm Shermans March to the Sea (Hardcover) Book
- Award-winning Civil War historian Noah Andre Trudeau has written a gripping, definitive new account that will stand as the last word on General William Tecumseh Sherman's epic march—a targeted strategy aimed to break not only the Confederate army but an entire society as well. With Lincoln's… [ read more ]
- Spycraft The Secret History of the CIAs Spytechs, from Communism to Al-qaeda...
- In this the first book ever written about the CIA's Office of Technical Service, former director Robert Wallace (a real-life Q, straight out of the James Bond films) and internationally renowned intelligence historian H. Keith Melton offer an unprecedented look at the CIA's most secretive… [ read more ]
- Story of Stuff (Hardcover) Book
- Story of Stuff: How Our Obsession With Stuff Is Trashing the Planet, Our Communities, and Our Health - And a Vision for Change Offers insight into consumption in America and the inherent pitfalls of a "growth at all costs" system that promotes obsolescence and replacing versus repairing… [ read more ]
- Target Patton: The Plot to Assassinate General George S. Patton (Hardcover)
- He was the most controversial American general in World War II-and also one of the most successful, courageous, and audacious. As a post-war administrator of defeated Germany, he sounded alarm bells about the dangers of Soviet encroachment into Europe. Politically, he was a lightning rod-an… [ read more ]
- Tears in the Darkness The Story of the Bataan Death March and Its Aftermath...
- For the first four months of 1942, American, Filipino, and Japanese soldiers fought America's first major land battle of World War II: the battle for the tiny Philippine peninsula of Bataan. It ended with the single largest defeat in American military history. This was only the beginning.… [ read more ]
- Temples, Tombs, and Hieroglyphs A Popular History of Ancient Egypt...
- An eye-opening, edifying, and endlessly entertaining tour through an astonishing bygone world—the acclaimed classic history of ancient Egypt, now newly revised and updated. [ read more ]
- The Ascent of George Washington The Hidden Political Genius of an American...
- Bestselling historian John Ferling draws on his unsurpassed knowledge of the Founding Fathers to provide a fresh and provocative new portrait of the greatest of them all, George Washington. Even compared to his fellow founders, George Washington stands tall. Our first president has long… [ read more ]
- The Berlin Wall A World Divided, 1961-1989 (Paperback) Book
- On the morning of August 13, 1961, the residents of East Berlin found themselves cut off from family, friends, and jobs in the West by a tangle of barbed wire that ruthlessly split a city of four million in two. Within days the barbed-wire entanglement would undergo an extraordinary… [ read more ]
- The Federalist Papers (Paperback) Book
- Three early American statesmen defend the political principles and ideologies set forth in the Constitution of the United States, in a new edition of the classic, which is accompanied by a selected bibliography, historical glossary, new introduction, and other resource material. [ read more ]
- The Kennedy Legacy Jack, Bobby and Ted and a Family Dream Fulfilled...
- Author: Vincent Bzdek John, Robert, and Ted Kennedy's individual stories can be seen as essentially one, each successive brother striving to fulfill the interrupted promise of the brother before. The closing of Ted Kennedy's chapter in America’s political and cultural life means that, for… [ read more ]
- The Murder of King Tut The Plot to Kill the Child King (Hardcover) Book
- Thrust onto Egypt's most powerful throne at the age of nine, King Tut's reign was fiercely debated from the outset. Behind the palace's veil of prosperity, bitter rivalries and jealousy flourished among the Boy King's most trusted advisors, and after only nine years, King Tut suddenly… [ read more ]
- The Tudors The Complete Story of Englands Most Notorious Dynasty (Paperback)...
- For the first time in decades, here, in a single volume, is a fresh look at the fabled Tudor dynasty, comprising some of the most enigmatic figures ever to rule a country. Acclaimed historian G. J. Meyer reveals the flesh-and-bone reality in all its wild excess. In 1485, young Henry… [ read more ]
- The Yankee Years by Joe Torre (Hardcover) Book
- Twelve straight playoff appearances. Six American League pennants. Four World Series titles. This is the definitive story of a dynasty: the Yankee years. When Joe Torre took over as manager of the New York Yankees in 1996, the most storied franchise in sports had not won a World Series… [ read more ]
- Theodore Rex (Paperback) Book
- The most eagerly awaited presidential biography in years, Theodore Rex is a sequel to Edmund Morris's classic bestseller The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt. In this lively biography, Edmund Morris returns to the gifted, energetic, and thoroughly controversial man whom the novelist Henry James… [ read more ]
- This Republic of Suffering Death and the American Civil War (Paperback) Book
- More than 600,000 soldiers lost their lives in the American Civil War. An equivalent proportion of today's population would be six million. In This Republic of Suffering, Drew Gilpin Faust reveals the ways that death on such a scale changed not only individual lives but the life of the… [ read more ]
- Throes of Democracy The American Civil War Era 1829-1877 (Hardcover) Book
- ''And then there came a day of fire!'' From its shocking curtain-raiser—the conflagration that consumed Lower Manhattan in 1835—to the climactic centennial year of 1876, when Americans staged a corrupt, deadlocked presidential campaign (fought out in Florida), Walter A. McDougall's Throes… [ read more ]
- Time for Trumpets The Untold Story of the Battle of the Bulge (Paperback) Book
- On December 16, 1944, the vanguard of three German armies, totaling half a million men, attacked U.S. forces in the Ardennes region of Belgium and Luxembourg, achieveing what had been considered impossible -- total surprise. In the most abysmal failure of battlefield intelligence in the… [ read more ]
- Titan The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. (Paperback) Book
- John D. Rockefeller, Sr.--history's first billionaire and the patriarch of America's most famous dynasty--is an icon whose true nature has eluded three generations of historians. Now Ron Chernow, the National Book Award-winning biographer of the Morgan and Warburg banking families, gives us… [ read more ]
- To the Gates of Stalingrad Soviet-German Combat Operations, April-August 1942...
- The confrontation between German and Soviet forces at Stalingrad was a titanic clash of armies on an unprecedented scale--a campaign that was both a turning point in World War II and a lasting symbol of that war's power and devastation. Yet despite the attention lavished on this epic battle… [ read more ]
- Together We Cannot Fail FDR and the American Presidency in Years of Crisis...
- Together We Cannot Fail: How FDR Led the Nation from Darkness to Victory Through Hope, Courage, and an Unwavering Trust in the America Presidency in Years of Crisis This vivid portrait shows a nation at its best and at its worst through the lens of the first American presidency truly… [ read more ]
- Twilight at Little Round Top July 2, 1863--the Tide Turns at Gettysburg...
- On July 2nd, 1863, forces from the Confederacy’s Army of Northern Virginia and the Union’s Army of the Potomac clashed over the steep, rocky hill known as Little Round Top. This battle was one of the most brutal and devastating engagements of the American Civil War, and the North’s bloody… [ read more ]
- Twilight at Monticello The Final Years of Thomas Jefferson (Paperback) Book
- Much has been written about Thomas Jefferson, and with good reason: He was the architect of our democracy, a visionary chief executive who expanded this nation's physical boundaries to unimagined lengths. But Twilight at Monticello is entirely new: an unprecedented look at the intimate… [ read more ]
- UFOs A History of Alien Activity from Sightings to Abductions to Global...
- In this thrilling examination of the UFO phenomenon, author Rupert Matthews assesses the growing threat of alien reconnaissance on Earth. From the earliest recorded sightings to the most recent encounters and abductions, the book sifts through the evidence and asks the crucial question: why… [ read more ]