Digging for the Truth: City of the Gods DVD
SKU ID #69564
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: March 6, 2006
Venture deep into the enigmatic ruins of what was once the largest city in the New World.
- Visit obsidian mines deep below the ancient city of Teotihuacan.
- Archeology gets a fresh new face in this exciting series.
- Hosted by adventurer Josh Bernstein, President and CEO of the world's oldest and largest wilderness survival school.
"Adventure has a new name." Host, explorer and survival expert Josh Bernstein takes a fresh look at the world's greatest ancient mysteries and puts adventure back into history as he travels to some of the most intriguing, remote and physically challenging locations in the world. With a fresh and engaging approach to archaeology, Josh goes to extremes and takes us along for the ride.
Teotihuacan was the only ancient city in the Americas that ever truly rivaled the size, scale, and power of its Old World counterparts. Once known as the City of the Gods, it is today the largest ghost town in the world. Still home to the world's third largest pyramid, it was once a metropolis many times larger and more populous than the biggest Mayan and Aztecan cities ever built. Now, Josh Bernstein heads to central Mexico to soar above the ancient city, explore its obsidian mines, make prehistoric tools, and try to decode its impressive murals in a quest to understand who built the City of the Gods, how it became so powerful, and, most mysterious of all, why it was abandoned.