Wild West Tech: Civil War In The West DVD
SKU ID #68725
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 24, 2005
Learn about the more than 2,000 Civil War engagements that took place west of the Mississippi.
- Probe the legends of the American frontier with an engineer's eye.
- Hosted by David Carradine.
- The ultimate look at the little known Western Front of the Civil War.
Head back to the open range and the whistle stops of the Old West with this unique series that examines the tales and traditions of the frontier with an engineer’s eye.
The conflict between North and South raged in the west as well--more than 2,000 battles were fought on the Pacific side of the Mississippi River. WILD WEST TECH details the challenges that the terrain and circumstances of the frontier posed for soldiers, who had to contend with ice, snow, and mountain passes, improvising with whatever they had. Then there were the arid plains, which required armies to adapt in different ways. Men had to cover great distances in order to get food, arms, and other supplies. THE CIVIL WAR IN THE WEST examines weapons, clothing, transportation, and tools employed on the Civil War's Western Front.