Deep Sea Detectives: Another Atlantis? DVD
SKU ID #69124
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 13, 2005
Visit an imposing Pacific fortress hewn out of basalt some 2,500 years ago.
- World renowned wreck diver John Chatterton exposes long submerged secrets.
- Extraordinary photography captures every step of these underwater missions.
- How did an ancient people create a virtual fortress of artificial islands in the middle of the ocean?
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep. With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and the other Detectives bring tales to the surface that have been submerged for generations.
Settled 2,500 years ago, Nan Madol is a living memorial to the prehistoric Micronesians--and an abiding mystery. 100-foot high basalt structures rise from the deep to form artificial islands. Far below the surface, underwater tunnels filled with untold riches and ancient artifacts are rumored to connect this complex. But how did the Micronesians build this imposing fortress? Where did they quarry raw materials? Do the tunnels exist? And can we find them? Join veteran divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler as they investigate this underwater mystery.