- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: April 17, 2006
In the graveyard of the Atlantic, two seemingly identical wrecks surrender secrets to the Detectives.
- Extraordinary photography captures every step of these underwater missions.
- More than 60 years after they sunk, the fate of two doomed Coast Guard Cutters is revealed.
- World renowned wreck diver John Chatterton exposes long submerged secrets.
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep. With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and the other Detectives bring tales to the surface that have been submerged for generations.
North Carolina's Outer Banks are infamous as the Graveyard of the Atlantic. And on September 14, 1944, they added to their deadly legacy when they claimed two Coast Guard Cutters, the Bedloe and Jackson. Though the wrecks have been located for years, no one, not even their survivors, could tell them apart. In diving on the wrecks, the Detectives make pivotal discoveries which add new details to a stirring tale of a risky rescue mission, a race to outrun a killer storm, and an epic ordeal of survival and courage.
Awards and Nominations: