Deep Sea Detectives: Damn the Torpedoes DVD
SKU ID #69039
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 30, 2005
Join the Detectives as they dive on the remains of a Civil War ironclad.
- Get up close with a Civil War legend.
- Extraordinary photography captures every step of these underwater missions.
- World renowned wreck diver John Chatterton exposes long submerged secrets.
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep.
With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and the other Detectives bring tales to the surface that have been submerged for generations.
The Tecumseh was an iron-hulled, single-turret warship similar to the famous USS Monitor. In August 1864, she was in the vanguard of a flotilla that attacked Mobile Bay.
The Confederate defense centered on their shore batteries and the CSS Tennessee, a powerful ironclad ram. As Tecumseh tacked to engage the Confederate vessel, she exploded and sank with astonishing speed. Conventional wisdom and navy records blamed an underwater mine, but others believe the shore-based artillery was responsible.
Join our veteran divers as they try to solve the mystery.