Deep Sea Detectives: Mysterious Loss of the German Fleet DVD
SKU ID #68724
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 23, 2005
Explore the seafloor of the Scapa Flow, where some 50 German vessels were lost in a single day.
- World renowned wreck diver John Chatterton exposes long submerged secrets.
- Extraordinary photography captures every step of these underwater missions.
- Ships jumbled on the bottom of a Scottish bay speak to one of the most dramatic days in maritime history.
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep.
With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and the other Detectives bring tales to the surface that have been submerged for generations.
The Scapa Flow in Scotland's Orkney Islands is a sheltered lagoon has been used by ships since prehistory. Once the main anchorage of the British Royal Navy, it played an important role in both World Wars.
THE MYSTERIOUS LOSS OF THE GERMAN FLEET travels back to June 21, 1919, which began with calm seas and clear skies. Yet by day's end, over 50 ships, including some of the most powerful battleships in the world, sank in one of the greatest losses of shipping ever in one day.
Join the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES as they dive to the bottom of one of the strangest stories in maritime history.