Deep Sea Detectives: Time Bomb of the Deep DVD
SKU ID #69477
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 30, 2004
Join our divers as they explore the deteriorating tanker and learn the extreme challenges the oil-removal team faces.
- DEEP SEA DETECTIVES merges science with suspense to solve the mysteries behind shipwrecks both ancient and recent.
- Meet with the engineers who must figure out how to remove thousands of gallons of oil from a Korean War era tanker.
In the summer of 2002, a series of small oil spills spread alarm up and down the Northern California coastline. A 200-mile stretch of beaches was littered with the carcasses of oiled animals, and experts determined that the source of the oil was the S.S. Jacob Luckenbach, a Korean War era tanker that sank in 200 feet of water 17 miles southwest of The Golden Gate Bridge.
The Luckenbach's rusting tanks held thousands of gallons of oil which had to be brought to the surface before a major breach caused a disaster.
DEEP SEA DETECTIVES dives on the wreck, which has been off limits for several years, to examine the deteriorating tanker, showing the extreme dangers and challenges the oil removal team faces.