- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 20, 2004
How did two locomotives from the dawn of the railroad era end up sitting on the Atlantic floor off New Jersey?
- John Chatterton explores a missing piece of railroad history.
- One of the most unusual discoveries in the annals of the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES.
- Experts try to determine how two locomotives ended up off the Jersey Shore
The New Jersey coast has more than its share of shipwrecks. From tramp freighters and Colonial-era sailing vessels to Nazi submarines and Cold War listening platforms, an almost limitless catalog of vessels and structures have met their end in these waters. But the strangest underwater relic of all might be two steam locomotives, upright and intact, sitting in 90 feet of water.
DEEP SEA DETECTIVES joins diver John Chatterton and his team of experts as they examine this bizarre site and try to determine what brought these massive machines to such an unlikely resting place. The mystery only deepens when we discover that these locomotives are missing links from the very first years of American railroading. With every answer raising more questions, UNDERWATER TRAIN WRECK is a fascinating piece of historical investigation.