World War II HD and 360 DVD Set
SKU ID #181263
You Save: $32.48 50% off
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- The only people to see the war like this were the ones who lived it. Until now…
- Josh Lucas
- Amy Smart
- Rob Lowe
- Justin Bartha
- LL Cool J
- Steve Zahn
- Jason Ritter
- Ron Livingston
- Tim Dekay
- Mark Hefti
- James Kyson Lee
- Rob Corddry
- The ultimate, accurate view of WWII. For the first time, experience what the battles were really like by seeing them in full HD as if you were in the battle
- 70 years in the making, culled from thousands of hours of color footage of WWII, some never seen on television before. Broadcast in Dolby Surround Sound 5.1
- History told through the epic personal accounts of real soldiers. Some survived the war; some made the ultimate sacrifice
- Major historical figures and battles seen with real life clarity for the first time
- Disc 1 - Darkness Falls / Hard Way Back / Bloody Resolve / Battle Stations
- Disc 2 - Day of Days / The Breaking Point/ Striking Distance
- Disc 3 - Glory and Guts / Edge of the Abyss / End Game + bonus
- BATTLE 360: Call to Duty
- BATTLE 360: Vengeance at Midway
- BATTLE 360: Jaws of the Enemy
- BATTLE 360: Bloody Santa Cruz
- BATTLE 360: Enterprise vs. Japan
- BATTLE 360: The Grey Ghost
- BATTLE 360: Hammer of Hell
- BATTLE 360: D-Day in the Pacific
- BATTLE 360: Battle of Leyte Gulf
- BATTLE 360: The Empire's Last Stand
- PATTON 360: Blood & Guts
- PATTON 360: Rommel's Last Stand
- PATTON 360: Baptism of Blood
- PATTON 360: Rogue General
- PATTON 360: American Blitzkrieg
- PATTON 360: Leading the Charge On Hitler’s Doorstep
- PATTON 360: Siege Warfare
- PATTON 360: Battle of the Bulge
- PATTON 360: Crushing the Third Reich
Seventy years in the making. Three thousand hours of color footage no one knew existed. The first documentary to show World War II from the perspective of both sides in full, immersive HD color, the world premiere HISTORY series WWII in HD uses the diaries of soldiers who fought in the war’s biggest battles to create a personal, introspective and detailed look at life on and off the front lines. Though it was illegal for U.S. soldiers to carry diaries, many hid them away in their packs and recorded their experiences in detail.
Now, through the use of these diaries and other source documents, as well as HD color and on-location shooting around the world, WWII in HD transforms their journey into a tangible piece of history. Culled from rare color archival footage from an exhaustive worldwide search and converted to HD with meticulous technique, WWII in HD provides a picture of World War II as it has never been seen before.
Featuring the voices of:
Television history will be made with WWII in HD, the first WWII documentary in full, immersive HD color. Viewers will experience the war as if they were actually there, surrounded by the real sights and sounds of the battlefields. Culled from thousands of hours of lost and rare color archival footage gathered from a worldwide search through basements and archives, WWII in HD will change the way the world sees this defining conflict.
You will meet a group of soldiers who represented different branches of the service and fought in each of the major theaters of war. Their wartime diaries and journals show in visceral detail what the war was really like. They lived, triumphed, and sometimes died in a conflict so huge it threatened to dwarf them, but couldn’t. It is history told from a profoundly human point of view.
Through a meticulous process that refines and enhances clarity to the lost color footage, the sights and sounds of war come to life. The series begins in 1940, when the free people of the world find themselves on the verge of defeat, and charts the long, hard road to victory. It includes never-before-seen footage of pivotal battles like Tarawa, Anzio, Attu, New Guinea, Battle of the Bulge, Market Garden, Okinawa, Normandy, naval engagements, and bombing raids. WWII in HD also features rare footage of military and political leaders like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, and Rommel, seen for the first time with high-definition clarity. The power of the footage and the individual journeys of the soldiers reveal the civilian toll at Nazi Concentration Camps and in cities wrecked by war.
As Europe falls under Nazi control, America is unprepared for war and the attack on Pearl Harbor. The first bloody battles are fought on Guadalcanal and in North Africa
HARD WAY BACK
The Allies take on the daunting forces of the Axis, with victory far from certain. Charles Scheffel battles Rommel’s forces in Tunisia and Jack Werner faces bitter combat in the northern Pacific.
The Marines assault Tarawa in one of the bloodiest battles yet waged. MacArthur island-hops and Italy’s front lines claim a casualty.
The Allies lay plans for the invasion of France; Bert Stiles and the 8th Air Force attempt to clear the skies over Normandy, while the Pacific remains a quagmire. D-Day arrives.
DAY OF DAYS
The Allies are bogged down in Normandy’s hedgerows in the aftermath of D-Day, while on Saipan, victory turns to horror.
THE BREAKING POINT
The Allies race toward Germany as American Marines battle for ground on Peleliu and across the bloody Pacific.
American forces storm the Philippines while Shelby Westbrook is shot down over Europe. Jack Yusen battles the dangers of the deep when his ship is sunk after a heroic duel.
GLORY AND GUTS
The Marine assault on Iwo Jima brings horror and glory. Pilot Bert Stiles engages a German fighter with disastrous consequences. Reinforcements arrive in Europe to push the Allies toward victory.
EDGE OF THE ABYSS
World War II: 360 DVD Set
It was a war—and a series of military campaigns—like no other.
HISTORY™ puts viewers in the middle of the action with two revealing programs that use cutting-edge computer graphic animation and the latest technology to bring a 360-degree view of the Second World War. In Battle 360, follow the only carrier to be front and center in every major sea conflict in the Pacific. The USS Enterprise and its men fought saw some of the fiercest multi-front battles ever witnessed in modern combat as they fought off the enemy from the air, the sea and underwater.
Then, travel with Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. as he leads his heroic soldiers in North Africa, in the invasion of Sicily, and in the charge across Europe to defeat Hitler’s Third Reich. Patton 360 weaves a mix of CGI battle scenes, interviews with historians and men who fought under Patton, and commentary by modern-day military experts, offering a dramatic analysis of the brilliant strategy and leadership Patton exemplified as he beat back the Nazi tidal wave in WWII.
WORLD WAR II 360º contains the following programs:
BONUS FEATURES: Additional Footage