How The Earth Was Made: Season 2 Blu-Ray
SKU ID #285916
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Blu-ray
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 3
- Run Time: 10 Hours 11 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- Blu-Ray Release Date: February 22, 2011
- Closed Captioning: No, English Subtitles
- Genre: Documentary
Spectacular on-location shooting, evidence from geologists in the field, and clear, dramatic graphics combine in Season Two of this stunning series from HISTORY™ to show how immensely powerful, and at times violent, forces of geology have formed our planet.
This season, HOW THE EARTH WAS MADE goes back in history – from 4.5 billion years ago to today – peeling back layers of rock, filling up river canyons, parting the oceans, and leveling mountains and volcanoes to investigate the origins of some of the most well-known locations and geological phenomena in the world. With rocks as their clues and volcanoes, ice sheets and colliding continents as their suspects, scientists launch a forensic investigation that will help viewers visualize how the Earth has evolved and formed over millions of years.
Experience all 13 episodes of this landmark series on 3 Blu-ray Discs.
- DISC 1: Grand Canyon / Vesuvius / Birth of the Earth / Sahara / Yosemite
- DISC 2: The Rockies / Ring of Fire / Everest / Death Valley
- DISC 3: Mt. St. Helens / Earth’s Deadliest Eruption / America’s Ice Age / America’s Gold