- Additional Details
- Dimensions: 2 3/4" Length x 2 6/8" Width x 1/8" Height
- Made Of: Zinc, Nickel, US Coin
- Weight: 3 oz
Coin is a Sacagawea Dollar (2000-present)
- The design on the obverse of this coin depicts Sacagawea, a young Native American Shoshone as conceived by artist Glenna Goodacre. On her back she carries Jean Baptiste, her infant son.
- Coin Diameter: 26.5mm
- The reverse shows an eagle in flight designed by Thomas D. Rogers, Sr.
- These coins have a distinctive golden color and a plain edge to distinguish them from other denominations or coins of a similar size. The change in composition and appearance was mandated under the United States Dollar Coin Act of 1997
- This coin exemplifies the spirit of Liberty, Peace and Freedom shown by Sacagawea in her conduct as an interpreter and guide to explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark during their famed journey westward from the great northern plains to the Pacific.