- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 100 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: March 27, 2005
This feature-length documentary examines the multi-faceted role of Mary in Christianity.
- From pre-biblical days to the present, this is an exhaustive look at the woman believed by billions to be the mother of god.
- Discover what is known of the historical Mary.
- Examine the many manifestations and prophecies connected to her.
The death of Jesus sparked birth of a religion, but little is known about the woman who gave him life and witnessed his crucifixion. Who was Mary? What happened to her after Jesus died? In the two millennia following her death, thousands have reported experiencing supernatural phenomena known as Marian apparitions--visits from Mary. Some say Mary reveals secrets and prophecies of global consequence. Additionally, signs and wonders confirming an apparition are said to occur. But can the seers' claims be authenticated? This feature-length special includes dramatic recreations of apparitions; archival footage and photos of historic apparitions; and interviews with religious and secular scholars and visionaries.