Breaking Vegas: Counterfeit King DVD
SKU ID #68535
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: April 5, 2005
Meet the mastermind who defied the mighty U.S. Mint to develop near-perfect counterfeit coins.
- Get the inside story of the greatest gambling schemes and scams in history.
- An exciting new series inspired by the bestselling book about the legendary MIT Blackjack Team.
- Hear from the investigators who helped capture the Counterfeit King.
It's every gambler's dream--find a way to beat the odds and empty the coffers of Vegas casinos. Some people get lucky while others scheme their way to riches. BREAKING VEGAS profiles people who took on the casino system and came away with cash. Sometimes they got away with it, and sometimes the odds--and the law--caught up to them.
Everybody thinks big, and in counterfeiting, that means bills. But Louis Colavecchio had another idea. Counterfeiting coins isn't easy. Diameter, thickness, magnetism, weight, design, even the precise mix of alloys--every element of the coin must be perfectly replicated. That means taking on the craftsmanship that the U.S. Mint took years to develop, including anti-counterfeiting marks like ""hidden grooves"" and uniquely serrated edges. Most wannabe counterfeiters quickly realize they're out of their league and turn to crude tokens which might fool the occasional slot. Not Louis, however, and BREAKING VEGAS profiles this artist of manufactured money.