- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 4, 1997
In 1973, a desperate America, starved by an OPEC embargo, began construction on an 800-mile lifeline for its insatiable oil hunger.
- Speak to survivors of the brutality which claimed nearly a million lives.
- Government officials and international politicians reflect on the genocide and its aftermath.
- Travel to the war-ravaged nation to see what it is like today.
We'll examine this technological triumph, built over impenetrable mountains and tundra, where temperatures drop to 75° below zero. We also study its impact on a fragile ecological system.