Outlaw Tech DVD
SKU ID #68691
You Save: $4.96 20% off
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 25, 2003
While they relied on their trusty six-shooters, the outlaws of the Old West were also quick to adopt new technologies.
- Keith Carradine explores the hardware and technology of the frontier.
- See how outlaws capitalized on breakthroughs like dynamite and the telegraph.
- A fresh look at figures like Butch Cassidy and Jesse James.
We think of the legendary outlaws of the Old West as a primitive bunch, riding horseback across the plains with six-shooters in hand. But they were always on the lookout for new ways to further their criminal careers, and the fast-developing technologies of the 19th century afforded them plenty of opportunities.
OUTLAW TECH rides in the shadow of men like Butch Cassidy, Jesse James and Henry Starr to see how their ilk exploited the telegraph, the train, dynamite and smokeless powder, to name just a few examples. Of course, not every breakthrough was a boon to the bad guys--the camera ""stole"" their anonymity and the arrival of the automobile ultimately spelled the end to their way of life.