- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: April 20, 2004
Return to the world of mountain men, trappers and traders and see how they plied their trades on the frontier.
- Learn the stories behind weapons like the Bowie knife and the Sharps ""big fifty"" gun.
- A fascinating look at life in the Old West.
- Hear tales of frontier legends Wyatt Earp, Bill Hickok and Sheriff Pat Garrett.
The lore and legend of the frontier come alive in this fascinating series from THE HISTORY CHANNEL. Blending the nuts-and-bolts approach of MODERN MARVELS® with the romance of the Old West, WILD WEST TECH is a unique look at a vanished era.
This episode sights down the barrels of the rifles that brought the buffalo to the brink of extinction, heads into the woods with the mountain men who wandered the 19th century wilderness, and reveals how the first Bowie knife was made! If it shot, sliced or snared, chances are it's featured in HUNTING TECH, and our experts not only inspect the finest surviving examples, they try them out and share the dramatic stories of the days when they helped shape the face of the nation.