Deep Sea Detectives: Forgotten Sub of WWII DVD
SKU ID #68705
Sale Price: $19.99
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 2, 2005
John Chatterton and his team conduct the first-ever video survey of a submarine that sank in 1941.
- World renowned wreck diver John Chatterton exposes long submerged secrets.
- Extraordinary underwater photography captures every step of these fascinating missions.
- In the chilly waters of the North Atlantic, John films a submarine that was lost for over 60 years.
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep. With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and the other Detectives bring to the surface tales that have been submerged for generations.
On June 20, 1941, the U.S. Submarine 0-9 headed out of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and nosed below the surface. She was never seen again, and inquiries into her fate failed to find answers. But 60 years later, she was rediscovered. In this episode, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES join forces with the National Undersea Research Center to take the first-ever video survey of the wreck in an attempt to solve this long forgotten mystery.