- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 21, 2004
See and experience the historic flight through the eyes of the astronauts, mission controllers, engineers, and designers who made it happen.
- NASA insiders and the astronauts themselves reveal what it was like in the capsule and command center.
- See the historic footage of man's first moon landing.
- MODERN MARVELS chronicles the event that many regard as the greatest achievement of the 20th century.
Just ten years after sending experimental monkeys into space, Neil Armstrong stepped from the ladder of a gangly craft on the face of the moon and became the first human being to walk on a surface beyond earth. The event was the culmination of a race borne in the heat of the Cold War and one of the crowning achievements in human history.
Filled with the rich recollections of the people who made it possible, APOLLO 11 chronicles the historic mission that brought man to the moon. See how an army of engineers and scientists worked to live up to JFK's extraordinary challenge, and meet the men who were chosen for the mission. From Cape Canaveral to the sea of tranquility, MODERN MARVELS® documents every step along the way in this most remarkable of all journeys.