- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: October 18, 2004
Ride into town with the bandits who did their part to keep the West wild.
- Modern investigative techniques help reveal what happened.
- Filled with contemporary accounts and insight from leading experts.
- An exhaustive examination of one of the storied encounters of the old West.
On October 5, 1892, they rode into the town of Coffeyville, Kansas and entered the lore of the vanishing frontier. The Dalton Gang had a bold plan to rob two banks at once, a feat no other outlaws had ever accomplished. Neither did the Daltons--brothers Bob and Grant Dalton, Bill Powers, and Dick Broadwell were killed, and only Emmett Dalton survived. Sentenced to life in prison, he was later pardoned.
From the origins of the brazen plan to Emmett's puzzling fate, INVESTIGATING HISTORY® reveals what really happened on that fateful day near the lawless border of Oklahoma and the Indian Territories.