- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 12, 2005
Famed as the slayer of Goliath, King David's greatest triumph came when he united the tribes of Israel.
- Travel the world to examine the conquests of history's greatest commanders.
- Each episode illuminates the mind and motivations of the figures who shaped the world to their will.
- See how David accomplished what scores of rulers before him had failed to do.
Tanks at the gates of Berlin, arrow clouds at Hastings, torches in Atlanta--the tools of conquest have varied throughout history, but the conqueror's bloodthirsty quest for land and power hasn't. THE CONQUERORS visits the historic battlefields where commanders vanquished enemies with ruthless abandon, probing the minds of the men who shaped history to their will.
His reign of conquest began in 1,000 BC with the death of King Saul. King David vanquished all other contenders to the throne of Israel. He then turned his attention outwards, rapidly defeating the Philistines, the Moabites, the Aramaeans, the Edomites, and finally the Ammonites, establishing Israel as an independent national state and greatly extending its territories. Just five years after assuming the throne, David captured the Jebusite city of Jerusalem and made it the capital of Israel. With his kingdom in hand, David maintained his hold on power by removing anyone who got in his way.