Cereal: History in a Bowl DVD
SKU ID #69040
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 31, 2005
From prudish activists to a $9 billion dollar juggernaut, get the scoop on this breakfast staple.
- A sweeping history starting 10,000 years before Cocoa Puffs!
- Hear from industry insiders and food scientists.
- Learn of the bitter rivalries that shaped the breakfast table
Move over pancakes, step aside bacon! Cereal is the king of breakfast, a $9-billion industry with an indisputable place in pop-culture history. Full of surprise, nostalgia, and fascinating facts, CEREAL: HISTORY IN A BOWL celebrates the colorful--and crunchy--saga of a distinctly American meal.
Beginning 10,000 years before Cocoa Puffs, trace the early history of cultivating wheat, oats, and other wild grasses, and follow the evolution of this food staple through to today. See how Presbyterian minister-turned-health-food-fanatic Sylvester Graham--he of the cracker--turned his countrymen away from fried pork in the morning. Discover the rivalries, tricks, and accidents that turned cereal into a breakfast sensation. And examine the amazing feats of marketing used to promote the product--from creating iconic characters for packaging, to ingenious prizes that drove consumers to the shelves in droves.