- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 19, 2005
Follow Allied troops as they enter the deadliest city in a nation wracked by insurgency and violence.
- An extraordinary look at the flash point in the war against Iraqi insurgents.
- Hear from soldiers who were there and strategists who helped plan the attack.
- Riveting battlefield footage offers an up-close look at the fight.
By the fall of 2004, Fallujah, Iraq had become a viper pit. Over the previous six months, the once holy city had become the center of gravity for the Iraqi insurgency. Terrorists and radicals from across the Muslim world congregated there to resist the US occupation. Many came to martyr themselves and to take as many coalition troops with them as possible.
On November 8, six battalions of US soldiers and Marines stormed the city to take out the insurgents. It would be the fight of their lives. With riveting commentary from the men who sweated and bled on the dusty avenues of Fallujah, SHOOTOUT! highlights the strategies, cutting-edge technologies, and harrowing stories of mortal combat--many told here for the first time--of the deadliest house-to-house street brawl since the battle for Hue City, Vietnam.
Awards and Nominations: