Deep Sea Detectives: Secret Underwater Caves DVD
SKU ID #69089
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 19, 2004
How did the Mayans manage to build a burial mound a mile inside a submerged network of caves?
- Dive on a submerged archeological site only discovered in 1991.
- Follow host John Chatterton as he trains for his dangerous descent.
- See extraordinary footage of one of the most puzzling archeological discoveries of recent years.
The Mexican island of Cozumel is one of the world's premier vacation destinations, a Caribbean paradise of sun and sand and a staple of spring break. It also boasts some of the most extraordinary and important archeological sites of the New World, relics of the Mayans, who dominated the Yucatan in the 16th century.
Cozumel is also home of the Cueva Quebrada, a six-mile network of underwater caves and chambers beneath the island. In 1991, cave explorers Jeff Bozanic and Steve Ormeroid came upon a Mayan burial mound while diving in a chamber nearly a mile away from any entrance. As John Chatterton prepares for his dive on the puzzling find, DEEP SEA DETECTIVES probes the mysteries of how the Mayans were able to place these artifacts in such an unlikely location.