- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: October 31, 2004
Thus unique road trip takes in the macabre and unusual from New Jersey to Florida.
- Storytellers and historians from across the nation share macabre tales and local secrets.
- Visit a Florida retirement community where the residents are former sideshow performers.
- Head into the Appalachians on the trail of America's first settlers.
There are some tales that are featured in guidebooks and chamber of commerce pamphlets--and some that are kept close to the vest. WEIRD U.S. travels the nation in search of the second kind. In Morristown, New Jersey hosts (and travel guides) Mark Scuerman and Mark Moran tell of a man who was made into wallets after being hung and dissected in 1833! A bit farther south, the Marks try to trace the steps of the enigmatic Melungeons, rumored to be the first American settlers. And down in Florida, they visit a retirement home where the circus sideshow finally comes to a rest.