Weird Medicine DVD
SKU ID #69222
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: August 8, 2005
Quacks and potions, fads and freaks share the spotlight in this look at the ultimate in alternative medicine.
- A one-of-a-kind travelogue.
- Authors Mark Sceurman and Mark Moran bring their unique view of America to the screen.
- Visit the Philadelphia museum of medical oddities and see some of the strangest medicines ever devised.
The Marks--Sceurman and Moran?have seen facets of America that would chill the local chamber of commerce to the bone. They have turned their shared obsession into a unique series of guides to the weirdest that the nation has to offer, and now they bring their unique travelogue to the screen in this fascinating series celebrating the dark, twisted, offbeat and unusual.
From cornflakes to crystals, no matter how bizarre the method, Americans haven't been shy about doing whatever it takes to improve their health. WEIRD MEDICINE starts with a visit to Philadelphia's famed Mutter Museum and ends in a San Francisco laughter club. As they cross the continent, the Marks delve into two centuries of quacks, fads and more. Meet men like Albert Abrams, who believed he discovered electronic waves emitting from human organs; see how you would go about finding your "Mojo"; and discover what famous health pioneer was addicted to enemas.