- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: September 20, 2005
Immerse yourself in some of history's most brutal battles as SHOOTOUT! heads to the atolls and islands of WWII.
- Awesome CGI sequences and interviews with leading experts bring the fight to life.
- Take aim from both sides of the firing line at some of history's most famous battles.
- Relive the raid on the Makin Atoll and storm the shores of Peleliu.
Take aim from both sides of the fight. SHOOTOUT! examines the personalities, the weapons, the firepower, and the leadership needed to defeat the enemy. With 3D CGI animation sequences and testimony from scholars and experts, the battles come alive as they looked to the soldiers and shooters themselves.
In the vast emptiness of the Pacific, World War Two was fought on tiny specks of land. SHOOTOUT! heads right into the middle of a daring raid on the Makin Atoll and storms New Georgia in the Solomon Islands. Experience the plight of an outnumbered solo machine gunner and the single rifleman who held off hundreds of Japanese in the Philippines. Some of these battles took minutes, others took hours. Meet the men with guns in their hands, thousands of miles from home, where victory meant survival.