Massacres II DVD
SKU ID #69268
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: October 4, 2005
Tension among Native-Americans and settlers, Mexicans and Texans, and competing claims often led to death on the frontier.
- Probe the legends of the American frontier with an engineer's eye.
- Hosted by David Carradine.
- As people and technology spread across the West, death and destruction followed
Head back to the open range and the whistle stops of the Old West with this unique series that examines the tales and traditions of the frontier with an engineer's eye.
Heavily armed, surrounded by a vast and unknown wilderness, and subject to attack from the people who had lived there for centuries, Western settlers often found themselves fighting for their lives. WILD WEST TECH examines four of the most brutal such episodes: the Camp Grant Massacre in Tucson, Arizona in April 1871, when 140 Apache men, women and children were slain in their sleep; the 1836 Goliad Massacre in Texas, when Mexican soldiers killed over 300 Texans; the Council House Massacre in San Antonio, where Comanches succumbed to a deadly volley of gunfire; and the Dragoon Springs Massacre in 1858 which saw stage company workers killed for unknown reasons.