- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: October 24, 2005
Nancy Reagan was not the only White House occupant interested in occult advice.
- A unique look at America’s highest office.
- Learn of the vision which Washington claimed to have had of the nation to come.
- Contemporary accounts shed light on some president’s unconventional beliefs.
It's a little-known, but fascinating aspect of the Presidency. Throughout history, numerous Presidents have claimed to prophesy through visions.
DECODING THE PAST reveals how, in 1778, George Washington said that an apparition of a woman appeared to him one evening and foretold of the birth, progress, and future of the United States. While in office, both Ronald Reagan and Woodrow Wilson consulted psychics who predicted their deaths, while Franklin Delano Roosevelt apparently sought psychic advice for more official matters. But perhaps the most well-known Presidential prophecies concern Abraham Lincoln, who participated in séances and experienced visions--including an incident predicting his assassination.