- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 11, 2005
The youngest soldier to take part in the Son Tay Raid reveals what it was like to storm the infamous Vietnamese military prison.
- Go inside some of history's most important missions.
- Hosted by writer-director John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Conan the Barbarian, Hunt for The Red October).
- Includes commentary from author and Special Forces veteran John Plaster.
In each episode of SPECIAL OPS, Hollywood legend, writer-director John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Conan the Barbarian, The Hunt for The Red October) and special guests explore, analyze and debate a historic mission.
Using military and archival footage, dramatic re-enactments and interviews, SPECIAL OPS examines every step from the initial planning sessions to the extraction of the last man.
Here, the focus is on the storied, 1970 raid on Son Tay Prison just outside Hanoi. At stake was the freedom of a host of American POWs held by the Vietnamese. Helping Milius tell the tale are John Plaster, an author and former Special Operations Officer, and Special Forces Sergeant Terry Buckler, the youngest soldier on the Son Tay Raid.