The Lost Evidence: Guadalcanal DVD
SKU ID #69346
Sale Price: $19.99
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 2, 2005
The first U.S. offensive of the Pacific War saw inexperienced U.S. troops facing an entrenched and experienced enemy.
- Cutting-edge CGI animation and aerial footage combine to show classic battles in a whole new light.
- As each moment unfolds, experts analyze the tactics and strategies.
- Interviews with survivors reveal what it was really like on the ground.
On August 7, 1942, more than 19,000 Marines invaded Guadalcanal with orders to seize and hold the tropical island. In the first US offensive of the Pacific War, these young Americans took on the seemingly invincible Japanese and fought a series of bitter battles.
Aerial photographs taken during the war have now been layered over a 3-D contour map to create a CGI "model" of the battlefield. These original, high-resolution images allow the viewer to track the battle step-by-step. Individual stories of courage and heroism are placed in the exact spot where they took place. Using cutting-edge techniques, unique archive film, reenactments, and extraordinary interviews, PACIFIC: THE LOST EVIDENCE sheds new light on one of the most important battles of World War II.