America's Pyramids DVD
SKU ID #69499
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: January 30, 2006
Are there remnants of fabled structures beneath the dark tributaries of the Mississippi River?
- Search for evidence of a powerful civilization said to have lived along the Mississippi.
- Archeology gets a fresh new face in this exciting series.
- Hosted by adventurer Josh Bernstein, President and CEO of the world's oldest and largest wilderness survival school.
"Adventure has a new name." Host, explorer and survival expert Josh Bernstein takes a fresh look at the world's greatest ancient mysteries and puts adventure back into history as he travels to some of the most intriguing, remote and physically challenging locations in the world. With a fresh and engaging approach to archaeology, Josh goes to extremes and takes us along for the ride.
In 1539, Hernando de Soto's Conquistadors landed in Florida in search of new lands and treasure for the Spanish Crown. Three years later, they were run off the continent by Native American warriors that lived on enormous, earthen pyramids along the Mississippi River. Who were these people? And how did they defeat one of the world's most powerful armies? Follow Josh Bernstein as he paddles down the bayous; builds his own earthen pyramid with modern equipment; and scuba-dives the cold, dark waters of Wisconsin to solve the mystery of America's pyramid builders.